National Trade Manager, Roofing
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,900 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
As a Roofing National Trade Manager; you're passionate about setting our overall strategy and implementation in order to optimize the performance of our roofing assets nationally. You take pride in partnering with Field Operations, vendors and lead project management of minor and major renovations. Your leadership, technical skills and high energy can do outlook gives you the edge in successfully managing your portfolio and executing company strategies. If this is you, you are the leader were looking for! Were Public Storage, established in 1972; today we have thousands of locations nationwide and are recognized as the leader in the self-storage industry!
- Provide technical leadership in the management of Roofing Systems for our entire portfolio.
- Continue in the development of a comprehensive roofing program that will incorporate strategies that will extend the life of our roofing assets.
- Utilize data to monitor trends and provide analysis to eliminate/reduce roofing issues with a cradle to grave approach.
- Validate the need for major projects through field visits.
- Development of specifications, details, scopes of work, budgets and oversight of design work which includes accurate code analysis.
- Understand jurisdictional requirements and utilize expediting techniques for project approvals
- Incorporate value engineering and identify any alternative options available for projects.
- Identification and qualification of vendors/consultants, negotiation of bids, and project management through to completion.
- Scope, track and manage Roofing Projects
- Develop and document processes and procedures for standardization.
- Develop and manage strategic relationships
- Research, vet, recommend products, and specifications for our roofing systems (PVC, EPDM, Shingles, Metal, Coatings) utilizing our value model of quality and cost.
- Manage vendor performance, including execution, quality of work, and pricing.
- Provide emergency response as needed.
- Assist with acquisition due diligence as needed, and turnover of new product from Construction.
- Proactively communicate with managers and other team members.
- Manage National roof Repair & Maintenance program.
- 10+ Roofing experience including 5+ years consulting.
- Bachelors Degree in Construction, Engineering or related field is preferred; or equivalent direct experience.
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to read construction drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of various roof systems, materials, and construction process. Ability to inspect details and quality of installation.
- Understand budgeting and implications to projects.
- Demonstrate leadership with individuals at all levels including internal customers, vendors and manufacturers.
- Must be able to travel.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.