National Purchasing Manager
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,900 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are hiring a National Purchasing Manager to be located in Plano, TX. The National Purchasing/Procurement Manager will play a crucial role in managing procurement activities throughout our enterprise. The role involves strategic planning, vendor management, cost optimization and ensuring the timely and efficient sourcing of goods and service. The successful candidate will collaborate with various departments to align procurement strategies with the companys objectives, ensuring seamless operations and supply chain management.
- Create and maintain National Purchasing/Procurement strategies that align with the companys overall goals and objectives.
- Lead cross-functional teams to drive continuous improvement in procurement processes to leverage positive outcomes throughout the enterprise.
- Manage the end-end procurement process, including vendor performance and data driven accountability.
- Utilize data to drive decisions and create transparency to optimize priorities.
- Interpret and evaluate contract language in partnership with legal.
- Assess and evaluate contractor capabilities, building products and material suppliers.
- Negotiate pricing for contracts with vendors and suppliers.
- Implement cost-saving initiatives while maintaining product quality, service, and supplier reliability.
- Ensure compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers and meet on consistent cycle to resolve any conflicts related to daily activities and overall performance.
- Establish new relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure adequate resources for projects, and product.
- Leverage technology, safety measures, and information sharing to increase productivity and profitability.
- Stay updated on industry developments and best practices to enhance the companys procurement capabilities.
- Bachelors degree, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or relevant work experience.
- 7+ years of proven experience in procurement, preferably in a managerial role within the Real Estate/Construction sector.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to use data to drive informed decisions.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage and influence cross-functional teams.
- Detailed-oriented, organized, and capable of managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.