National Energy Asset Manager
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for National Energy Asset Manager to be based out of our office in Plano, TX. This position will be responsible for the energy asset management of our entire portfolio through maintenance of our properties energy usage, which includes new and existing Renewable Solar production, energy usage and rate management, and all aspects surrounding utility management. We are looking for a high energy, "can do" individual that enjoys a fast pace and diverse workload in a dynamic environment! Experience with commercial construction and/or facilities management is a plus.
- Identification of needed capital expenditures, scope requirements, estimating budget requirements, contracting of work and timely completion of projects that will enhance the renewable energy generation of the company portfolio.
- Develop strategic asset plans for assigned properties by traveling to properties to understand existing conditions, inspect work progress or validate completed project meets company standards.
- Ensures that the construction assumptions and project risks have been identified and addressed.
- Coordinate with local Facilities Asset Managers around the company.
- Develop and prepare project budgets and cost estimates. Ensure that project budget stays within budget.
- Develop schedules and maintains targeted completion dates. Understands how to manage milestones, and bring appropriate resources to challenges impacting the schedule.
- Ensure that coordination and regular communication of overall project occurs between key stake holders.
- Negotiate and manage utility rate programs across a national portfolio.
- Manage ongoing O&M agreements and monitor effectiveness of existing solar equipment.
- Participate in sustainability initiatives to help drive company strategic objectives.
- Perform due diligence for acquisitions and redevelopments.
- Identify, assess and qualify State, Federal & Utility rebate and incentive opportunities.
- Responsible for accurate utility billing and validating deviations.
- Responsible for analyzing energy data, preparing reports and energy audits to validate energy and water opportunities.
- 5+ years energy management experience in a major chain or multiple location organization for either a General Contractor or Owner's Representative preferably overseeing the management of assets.
- Must possess strong finance skills, including budget development, ongoing project cost monitoring and large contract management.
- Must have worked in a corporate environment and possess a customer centric attitude with the ability to collaborate, communicate and interact with various management levels within the organization.
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited 4-year university in related field, preferred
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Suite office of programs including Word, Excel, Access, Project and Primavera-Expedition)
- Previous experience in a Project Management role with a General Contractor is a plus.
- Frequent travel may be required
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.