National Access Control Manager
With more than 2,400 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
As a National Access Control Manager you’re passionate about setting our overall Access Control strategy and implementation in order to optimize the performance of our Gates and Access Control assets nationally. You take pride in partnering with Field Operations, vendors and lead project management of minor and major renovations. Additionally, you will respond to emergency repairs, property damage, equipment obsolescence and routine wear and tear of gates and access control systems across the country. Your leadership, technical skills and high energy "can do" outlook gives you the edge in successfully managing your portfolio and executing company strategies. If this is you, you are the leader we’re looking for! We’re Public Storage, established in 1972; today we have thousands of locations nationwide and are recognized as the leader in the self-storage industry!
- Provide technical leadership in the management of Gate and Access Control assets for our entire portfolio including active involvement with National, State & Local authorities having jurisdiction
- Manage and continue the development of a comprehensive Access Control program that will incorporate strategies to extend the life of our equipment & assets while minimizing repair costs and downtime.
- Work directly with Regional vendors to assess performance and costs as well as sourcing new vendors nationwide. Responsible for negotiating bids and managing projects through completion.
- Data review and analysis of repair trends and reliability data to help strategically improve performance, reliability and cost reductions.
- Validate the need for major replacement projects through field visits.
- Develop Gate and Access Control specifications, details, scopes of work, budgets and oversight of design work which includes accurate code analysis.
- Incorporate value engineering and identify any alternative options available for projects.
- Develop and document processes and procedures for standardization.
- Research and recommend new products and technologies for our Gate and Access Control Assets utilizing our value model of quality and cost.
- Provide emergency support response as needed.
- Proactively communicate with managers and other team members in order to drive timely solutions
- 10+ years’ experience in the Access Control industry is required with preference to experience with a National Access Control company or consultant.
- Field experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred; or equivalent direct experience.
- Self-motivated individuals who have the ability to manage many simultaneous projects and responsibilities are a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and vendors.
- Proficient with Microsoft suite office products (Excel, PowerPoint, word, outlook)
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodations
- Must be able to travel.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 743999688801942