Manager, Workforce Planning & Management
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are currently looking for a Manager, Workforce Planning & Management. This role will be responsible for leading the effective and efficient workforce planning and management, including forecasting workload, managing staffing allocation, and leveraging technology. The role will manage a workforce across in-house agents, shared property employees, and third party BPO agents. The Manager, Workforce Planning & Management is accountable to efficiently meet service level KPIs (Answer Rate, Speed of Answer, and Idle) and ensure Public Storage customers enjoy a consistent, prompt Care Center experience.
This is a remote home-based position.
- Own the overall workforce strategy, balancing workforce allocation across all channels phone (sales, service, kiosk, and escalations), chat, email and issue management, and leverage AI automation and workforce technology.
- Develop workload forecasts and corresponding staffing needs for all existing and future work-streams across Public Storage’s multi-channel contact center operations and multiple staffing sources.
- Develop, lead and grow a Workforce Department that:
- Efficiently schedules employees at the optimal time compared to forecasted headcount requirements
- Communicates to employees and coordinates with Care Center management on fulfilling both the agents and company’s needs
- Manages real-time, intra-day operations of the Care Center, adjusting resources as necessary to ensure target KPIs are met across all channels
- Establish, communicate, and implement a workforce staffing requirement and strategy which aligns to the overall Public Storage business needs. Work closely with Talent Acquisition, Finance, and Operations to ensure its successful execution.
- Manage, maintain and optimize Care Center WFM technology tools: Call routing (IVR), workload forecasting, staffing, and employee management tools. Evaluate emerging technologies and trends in Care Center workforce automation, recommend and implement solutions for optimal workload flows into agent groups.
- Work closely with Finance to develop accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial forecasts, and manage workforce allocation and performance to meet forecast.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and with executive leadership to provide consultation and advice in support of broader Public Storage business change projects that impact the Care Center Workforce Department.
- Foster a positive team environment and provide ongoing guidance and career development opportunities to direct reports. Develop and motivate staff, driving to high levels of engagement and satisfaction
- Identify training needs and ensures proper training is developed and provided.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- 12+ years of relevant Care Center experience. Meaningful experience in a multi-channel environment with highly fluctuating workload and BPO partnerships preferred.
- 7+ years of management / leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year university in a quantitative/business related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated ability to think both critically and creatively - willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions in making strategic decisions.
- Proven success in developing ideas into executable projects with measurable outcomes, gain buy-in, and lead their execution through to implementation.
- Experience leveraging latest Care Center technology (WFM software, IVR, AI automation, AI analytics, remote working tools) to drive efficiencies, process improvement and standardization.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, changing and subjective environment that balances operational efficiency and data analysis with high quality standards and a sense of what is "right" for the customer.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with ability to adapt communication style based on the audience, and simplify complex technical topics for executive consumption.
- Proven experience in working cross-functional and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view, influence directly and indirectly, and owning a coherent action plan.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.