Manager, Operations Finance
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a Manager, Operations Finance to join our team in Glendale, CA. This position is a key member of the Finance organization, and will provide meaningful financial and operational performance metrics to Executive Leaders within Public Storage.
In your role as Manager, Operations Finance you will be responsible for internal financial and management reporting of our Care Center and Retail operations, synthesizing and communicating data into actionable insights. You will leverage your balance of technical and business acumen to model the impact and effectiveness of new programs, and provide meaningful decision support for Operations Leaders.
- Own internal financial and management reporting for Public Storage’s high-growth Care Center and Retail operations. Distil monthly performance insights and present your findings to the broader Executive Leadership team.
- Collaborate directly with senior leaders including the COO as a trusted business partner, and work with the broader Operations Finance team to drive operational and finance performance.
- Maintain, analyze and refine the forecast and long term plan, and constantly identify financial risk and opportunities.
- Provide insightful analysis and decision support for new initiatives in Operations, such as roll out of new technology, review of potential strategic partners and onboarding of new vendors.
- Identify, recommend and implement automation, standardization and process improvements of finance and operational KPIs and deliverables.
- Juggle multiple assignments and priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Leverage technology to drive finance deliverables.
- Partner and collaborate with the leaders of other functional areas.
- 6+ years of broad Finance experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year university in Finance or related area required
- CPA or MBA a plus
- Demonstrated ability using analysis in a problem-solving manner rather than just as a caretaker, by developing new analysis and improving existing analytical methods
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment while managing multiple priorities and shifting deadlines
- Strong ability to adapt to different audiences, influence directly and indirectly; and communicate with all levels within the organization
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally, with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced excel and other financial tool skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.