Manager, Corporate Finance
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The Manager Corporate Finance is one of the key direct reports to the head of Corporate Finance within the Public Storage finance team. He/she will play a pivotal role in driving enterprise-wide planning and forecasting efforts, leading strategic/high-impact corporate initiatives, and delivering key financial analyses and business analytics. This is a highly visible, hands-on role, interfacing with executive stakeholders/leaders across the business. Position requires person to be a self-starter, able to drive and execute initiatives on time, work with all levels of management, and provide sound financial recommendations based on accurate financial analyses.
- Drive enterprise-wide annual planning and QTR forecasting/reporting efforts, including bottom up/top-down planning, variance analysis, etc.
- Develop and own key corporate financial models with a focus on 3 statement modeling, including managing and planning capital allocation strategy; enhancing existing forecasting models by increasing forecast accuracy; consolidating enterprise P&Ls across various functions
- Support corporate financial guidance preparation by providing insights and analyses for guidance ranges
- Key business partner for budgets owners, helping them to manage and build their forecasts
- Design and maintain reports and dashboards on various financial/business KPIs with an emphasis on identifying outliers and providing transparency/accountability
- Lead development of business plans and valuation models for enterprise-wide investments
- Prepare executive level presentations to senior management team and board of directors
- Execute critical, time-sensitive ad hoc projects and financial pro-forma, e.g., what-if scenarios, sensitivity analysis, etc.
- Proactively identify and drive process improvements and standardization
- Bachelors and/or Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- 5-8 years of experience in Corporate Finance in a Fortune 500 or larger, private equity or investment banking
- Corporate Finance, Investment Banking and/or Real Estate industry experience is preferred
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills, an ability to interpret financial data and financial statements, key financial ratios, ROI models and techniques
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with a focus on Excel
- Experience with business intelligence/analytics and SQL (e.g., SQL, Tableau, etc.)
- Highly motivated, organized person with the ability to learn and work independently and collaboratively
- Strong work ethic and ability to support multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines
- Strength of character and flexible style to work successfully with a range of people, from staff to executives. Has the personal presence to deal effectively with these constituencies
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.