Maintenance - Corporate Custodian
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage is seeking a skilled maintenance worker to perform cleaning and minor repairs at its 80,000SF corporate office. The successful candidate will have proven custodial and maintenance experience, be skilled in the use of power and hand tools, have an eye for detail and strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Conduct routine inspections of the premises and equipment.
- Clean and stock restrooms daily.
- Clean microwaves and refrigerators as directed by schedule or as needed.
- Collect and dispose of trash both inside and outside.
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Handle basic repairs and preventative maintenance
- Oversee contractors when professional repairs are necessary
- Maintain AQMD logs for generators.
- Conduct monthly fire extinguisher inspections.
- Coordinate fire service vendors for annual and quarterly sprinkler inspections.
- Coordinate the collection and removal of sensitive documents bi-weekly with service provider.
- Coordinate maintenance of office plants weekly with the service provider.
- Wash partition glass on a rotating schedule.
- Clean lobby floor and entrance doors daily, including exterior light fixtures.
- Make minor paint repairs (spackle, sand, paint)
- Hang pictures and whiteboards as directed.
- Receive deliveries and keep loading dock clean and organized.
- Replace batteries for soap fixtures, clocks, and other equipment as needed.
- Observe and report security issues such as trespassers, theft, and vandalism.
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 5 years’ experience preferred. High School diploma or GED required.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. required
- Computer literate
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Able to operate a computer and various software applications
- Able to maintain basic written records
- Must apply safe work practices
- Must be organized with the ability to prioritize work and exercise independent judgment, common sense and initiative.
- Must provide efficient customer service and communicate clearly and objectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to climb ladders
- Able to change ceiling tiles and light bulbs
- Ability to move file cabinets and small furniture
- Must have eye for detail and able to self-manage and work without constant supervision.
- Ability to communicate using a two-way radio
- Strong multi-tasker
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.