As a Maintenance Assistant, you take pride in providing superior upkeep of the facility and grounds. Our customers will appreciate the appearance and safe environment of the property because of your dedication and commitment. If this is you, then our full-time Maintenance Assistant is perfect for you and we will train you to succeed! We are Public Storage, established in 1972; today we have thousands of locations nationwide and are recognized as the leader in the self-storage industry!
- Maintaining cleanliness of the property grounds inside and outside
- Providing general maintenance such as mopping, sweeping, changing light bulbs, minor plumbing repairs, light painting, and landscaping
- Cleaning vacated units as they arise
- Disposing of abandoned goods as directed
- Cleaning and maintaining restrooms
- Moving merchandise as directed
- Operating small hand tools (drill, grinder)
- Moving office furniture, equipment and other materials as needed
- Reporting maintenance needs, safety concerns and any equipment failures to the Property Manager or District Manager
- Understanding the value of good customer service
- Being able to drive and work at multiple properties during the workday as needed
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Enjoy working independently or as part of a small team
- Ability and willingness to perform maintenance that includes climbing stairs and ladders, shoveling snow, frequent lifting of roll up doors and constant standing and walking
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds
- Willingness to work in multiple locations
- Willingness to work any day of the week between the hours of 8:00am to 8:00pm, possibly including weekends and holidays
- Outgoing, energetic and delivers service with a smile
- Strong communication, problem solving and time management skills
- $16 an hour
- Paid training and coaching - we want you to succeed!
- Comprehensive group healthcare programs
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- Paid time off with annual cash payout of unused hours
We owe our success to our driven and talented teams across all levels of our organization; from our Property Managers who interact with our customers every day to our District Managers who strive to ensure each member of their team is trained for success. Every team-member contributes to our success and is part of the reason we continue to grow and be the industry leader. And we appreciate each and every one of our 5,000 plus team members who come from all different races, backgrounds, and life experiences. We celebrate inclusion and value the diversity that each person brings to Public Storage. We welcome everyone to apply and hope to have you join our thriving community today!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: f78fed6d-b8fa-4476-8730-3e7646114594