Loss Prevention Manager
With more than 2,400 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The Loss Prevention Manager is a key business partner that will work proactively and in collaboration with Property Operations, and other cross functional teams to identify potential risks to the company and provide appropriate, practical, and timely resolution. The position drives security and safety awareness in their area of responsibility to reduce the frequency and severity of incidents.
- Perform between 10-15 property audits on a monthly basis to conduct safety and security assessments and identify applicable sub-standard security and safety conditions, recommend solutions and follow-up on resolution
- While on property visits, verify all physical security and safety equipment is operating and being used as intended
- Analyze security and safety metrics in area of responsibility and identify/recommend practical solutions to address outliers on a monthly basis
- Assist with security and safety investigations and partner with external government or law enforcement agencies as required. Liaise with and coach the investigating manager to ensure compliance with procedures and completion of a thorough investigation.
- Drive security and safety awareness by participating in and attending (in person when possible) Divisional, Regional Operations conference calls and meetings.
- As requested provide in person training to property operations on security and safety topics to increase awareness and reduce likelihood of incidents.
- Leads investigation/mitigation of incidents involving illegal or hazardous materials requiring 3rd party assistance
- Provide support during crisis situations.
- Partners with cross-functional teams to achieve positive outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ relevant security and safety experience required
- Experience with multi-unit/state responsibilities required
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- Solid analytical skills, ability to identify trends.
- Solid working knowledge of CCTV and alarm systems
- Must be comfortable working in an independent manner and able to be flexible to business needs.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards.
- Ability to make decisions and provide direction in stressful situations.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Physical ability to assess properties including but not limited to traversing inclines, walking and standing for extended periods during property audits and assessments.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time, including overnight travel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 743999686241979