Loss Prevention and Safety Analyst
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The Loss Prevention and Safety Analyst is a key member of the Corporate Loss Prevention Team responsible for managing the company’s analytical efforts related to loss prevention and safety metrics. This would include the development and analysis of loss prevention and safety reporting and communication of historical trends and forecasts to appropriate business partners. Responsibilities also include the creation and presentation of loss prevention and safety risk mitigation strategies and training materials. An ideal candidate would have previous experience in tracking, preventing and addressing workplace security and safety hazards while working in collaboration with field operations teams to drive company programs.
- Design and maintain the preparation of loss prevention and safety analyses, presentations, and performance templates to aid senior management decisions.
- Provide consistent high level analysis into loss prevention and safety risk trends across company portfolio of properties to help proactively mitigate loss exposure.
- Monitor health and safety trends by maintaining, developing and implementing new program metrics to identify loss trends.
- Assist with OSHA, state and local agency level audits and inquiries. Maintain OSHA related recordkeeping and reporting.
- Assist in the development and implementation of loss prevention and safety training initiatives.
- Conduct on-site investigations as required.
- Help design and implement controls to mitigate identified risks.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in business, finance or a related field.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify root causes and recommend appropriate actions.
- Analytical technology skills are required (e.g. Tableau, SQL, etc.).
- Expert level proficiency with computer applications, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally both verbally, non-verbally and in writing. Experience writing policy and procedures.
- Works successfully, independently and collaboratively across teams.
- Previous experience with and knowledge of OSHA standards, regulations and recordkeeping is strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel overnight if required. Less than 25%.
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.