Legal Operations Assistant
With more than 2,700 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage is seeking an experienced Legal Operations Assistant to support the Legal team. The Legal Operations Assistant will provide administrative support to our Chief Legal Officer and the Legal Department. This position is also responsible for coordinating project work, processing invoices, assisting with preparing presentations, and supporting the legal team with various projects. The Legal Operations Assistant also provides support in editing documents under the supervision of an attorney. The Assistant must be able to adapt to changing priorities and business needs and must be proactive in identifying areas of need and generating, monitoring, and following up on action plans.
- Provides administrative support to the Chief Legal Officer and the Legal Department.
- Processes invoices through our internal systems and ensures timely payment
- Executes sensitive project work, which may include presentations to the Board or senior leadership
- Manages project timelines and tracks progress toward completion.
- Ensures the Legal department filing system is efficient and provides easy access to needed information
- Prepares contracts, letters, and other legal documents under the supervision of an attorney.
- Performs special projects as requested by the Chief Legal Officer or the Legal Department.
- A minimum of 3 years of legal assistance/support experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and the ability to master other legal systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels including, but not limited to, board directors, senior management, and legal counsel
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work closely and effectively with other team members
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.