Lead ML Data Engineer
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are currently looking for a Lead Machine Learning Data Engineer to join our Data & Analytics practice in Glendale, CA.
The Data Engineer will be the subject matter expert on full stack. We are looking for someone constantly driven to learn and apply technology with the ability to avoid overbuilding a solution and instead demonstrates iterative improvement.
- Build pipelines or ML design patterns via code that transforms raw or disparate data from multiple sources into a format that data analysts and data scientists can use to test and validate solutions. They will own the data lake and/or a data warehouse.
- Technical stack leader/owner for data and analytics tools in QA/PROD and responsible for maintaining the eco-system and code branches.
- Assures transfer to IT for enterprise adoption at the appropriate time.
- Design and code (debug) full stack
- Create/deploy design patterns that are efficient, resilient data ingress/egress pipelines
- Create and maintain schema and staging files in data lake and reporting job aggregations
- Perform lifecycle management of software
- Refactor data science application/models to production; oversee the technical aspects of projects
- Ensure optimal software performance.
- Work closely with other data and analytics team members to optimize the company’s data systems and architecture
- Design, prototype and build the infrastructure for data ELT from a variety of sources using technology
- Monitor/Troubleshoot ELT jobs
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent required.
- 5-10 years of experience or any equivalent of experience and education
- Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient at design and operation of distributed systems for both storage and compute; demonstrated capability to troubleshoot performance and fix outage situations
- Conversant on networking - UDP, TCP and Application layer configuration and troubleshooting. Streaming/Batch, Lamda, REST API
- Knows how to estimate the Big O
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.