IT Service Desk Technician
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The IT Service Desk Technician provides Level 1 telephone and Service Desk technical support to employees across the organization on a variety of software and hardware technical issues.
- Triage and open service desk tickets for messages, self-service and live incoming calls.
- Support personnel in the use of web-based property management, accounts payable, and time-entry programs.
- Assist property managers in resolving input errors.
- Answer questions regarding proper use of property operations software.
- Documents all calls and actions taken using problem tracking software. Maintains data integrity through the accuracy and thoroughness of incident data entry.
- Correct operator errors made by field personnel.
- Process password and proxy access requests.
- Level 1 troubleshooting for connection, network issues, hardware problems, troubleshoot and fix software errors, gate problems, phone problems to resolve or escalate as appropriate.
- Identify system wide issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Assist and contribute to various IT projects and initiatives.
- Run system performance and availability tests. Verify daily LOA/Term Report, Daily Recap, DMPortal verification.
- 2+ years of experience providing customer technical support over the phone.
- Proficiency on PC Systems and related software.
- Windows knowledge
- Familiarity with web-based application concepts
- Familiarity with basic networking concepts
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Ability resolve Tier 1 technical issues independently.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deliver superior customer service and maintain a professional, calm, and positive attitude while resolving technical customer inquiries.
- Ability to follow directions, pay attention to detail, meet deadlines, and multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new skills, products, technologies and procedures.
- The ability to prioritize appropriately when balancing multiple tasks
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.