IT Security Specialist
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,900 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The IT Security Specialist is a contributing member of the broader IT Security team and assists with the execution of its mission to provide confidentiality, integrity and availability across the Public Storage IT portfolio. Additionally, the IT Security Specialist assists with security audits, risk assessments and analysis, and participates in the recommendation for IT security systems as needed. This person will work in a dynamic environment and must have the ability to shift priorities and focus based on business need at the direction of leadership.
- Support and participate in programs to protect the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of the organization's technology infrastructure and information resources.
- Support and operational execution of Identity Management platforms and processing of identity requests and related actions.
- Assist with the audit of existing systems, Windows, security monitoring, firewall, intrusion detection and remote access logs, scrutinizing network traffic, monitoring the company's virus protection procedures, ensuring adherence to IT security policies, coordinating responses to detected intrusions.
- Under direction, assist with security incidents related to servers and network devices. Assist with regular security audits of critical information security systems and generate appropriate supporting documentation. Participate in comprehensive security reviews of applications addressing all layers.
- Support the Company's patch management procedures to ensure all systems are in compliance with required updates.
- Assist with the investigation into attempted breaches and rectifies vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
Base Pay Range: $70,000 - $85,000
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of our total awards approach to compensation which is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses or incentives.
- A minimum of 1 year experience working with the Network Infrastructure and at least 1 year experience working around IT security controls and systems.
- Experience with Active Directory security and administration.
- Experience with network security management tools; vulnerability scanning and remediation; security information event management (SIEM); and tools to defend against and/or respond to attacks when they occur.
- Experience working with security mechanisms and monitoring systems.
- Experience investigating security events and determining which events are, and which are not, incidents.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to communicate technical issues to various audiences and develop trust and good working relationships with all IT support personnel.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish fact and resolve problems. Ability to analyze, interpret and apply laws, rules and regulations to business practices.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional service orientation. Ability to embrace change and continuous learning.
- Ability to set and manage priorities.
- Must be self-motivated and directed.
- Must be able to work independently and/or as part of a group with minimal supervision.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.