IT Security Administrator
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The IT Security team’s mission is to provide confidentiality, integrity and availability across the Public Storage IT portfolio.
We are looking for a highly adaptable IT Security Administrator that thrives in changing environments, is capable of successfully partnering with different stake holders across project phases; and can adapt, be resourceful and prioritize in dynamic situations.
- Support and participate in programs to protect the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of the organization's technology infrastructure and information resources.
- Perform investigations into attempted breaches and rectify vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
- Support and operational execution of Identity Management platforms and processing of identity requests and related actions.
- Review existing applications periodically and new applications prior to installation to ensure that the applications adhere to IT security policies and procedures.
- Perform detailed risk analysis assessment of applications, networks and systems.
- Assist with the audit of existing systems, Windows, security monitoring, firewall, intrusion detection and remote access logs, scrutinizing network traffic, monitoring the company's virus protection procedures, ensuring adherence to IT security policies, coordinating responses to detected intrusions.
- Under direction, respond to security incidents related to servers and network devices.
- Perform regular security audits of critical information security systems and generate appropriate supporting documentation.
- Assist with comprehensive security reviews of applications addressing all layers.
- Support the Company’s patch management procedures to ensure all systems are in compliance with required updates.
- Monitor performance and activity of information security systems and services.
- Prepare formal reports and metrics.
- Communicate technical issues to various audiences and develop trust and good working relationships with all IT support personnel.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university is preferred or equivalent direct experience.
- 3 plus years of experience working with the Network Infrastructure
- 2 plus years of experience in IT security controls and monitoring.
- Experience with Active Directory security and administration.
- Experience with network security management tools; vulnerability scanning and remediation; security information event management (SIEM); and tools to defend against and/or respond to attacks when they occur.
- Experience working with security mechanisms and monitoring systems.
- Experience investigating security events and ability to determine which events are incidents.
- Knowledge of use of tools similar to Tripwire, Nessus, EnCase, Tizor Mantra, Wireshark, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high degree of integrity and ability to build trust.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Ability to embrace change and continuous learning.
- Ability to set and manage priorities.
- Must be able to work independently and/or as part of a group with minimal supervision.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.