IT Financial Analyst
With more than 2,500 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The Analyst role is key to the Organization’s IT Cost Transparency initiatives, designed to position IT stakeholders with the knowledge to manage and communicate the cost, quality and value of IT services. The Analyst will assist in the design, implementation, and maintenance of the IT financial planning and analysis tools and processes This role will also play a part in the overall IT governance processes as well as the assist in the administrative oversight of overall budget planning and forecasting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operationalize a process to regularly analyze all IT spend, ensuring correct categorization and attribution of data
- Rapid creation of operational and financial models, dashboards and management reports, as needed
- Data collection, transformation, and analysis for historical trend reporting
- Participate in collaborative efforts with domain leads, service lines and PMO to drive improved communication and shared direction
- Review vendor contracts to ensure standards, tracking termination dates and communicating with contract owners
- Support vendor selection and RFP cost and quality analysis
- Knowledge of operational financial management processes and best practices such as: forecasts/budgeting, cost allocations, capital and operating expense handling
- Strong financial acumen and data analytic skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Initiative to identify opportunities and risks and think outside the box
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to all levels of the company
- Strong organizational, system orientation and project management skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, particularly charts and graphs
- Basic understanding of Information Technology projects, purchasing, and vendor selection
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in a Financial Analyst role, Technology, Operations, and program management
- Experience with an IT cost planning and analysis tool such as Apptio, ServiceNow, etc.
- Proven ability to manage change, execute new processes, and successfully engage colleagues and partners
- Formulates conclusions and provides summary analysis and interpretation for leadership
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.