Investor Relations Senior Associate
With more than 2,700 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are currently looking for an Investor Relations Senior Associate to join our Investor Relations team in Glendale, CA.
The Investor Relations Senior Associate will execute Public Storage’s comprehensive Investor Relations program and support broader corporate strategies in conjunction with the Vice President of Investor Relations. The role will work directly with the company’s management team in developing, organizing, and communicating corporate messaging to the financial community and other stakeholders. Additionally, the role will afford unique opportunity to work across Public Storage’s corporate strategy, acquisitions, capital markets, sustainability (ESG), and other key initiatives.
- Develop and execute investor-focused strategies in conjunction with the Vice President of Investor Relations
- Assist executive leadership with quarterly earnings including Board of Trustee updates, messaging input, earnings call Q&A preparation, competitive analyses, and analyst/investor feedback
- Conceptualize and prepare investor presentations, press releases, earnings releases, supplemental packages, and acquisition presentations
- Design, coordinate, and participate in management communications calendar including investor meetings, roadshows, industry conferences, and investor days
- Engage directly with investors, analysts, and other stakeholders to communicate company strategy and performance
- Monitor, analyze, and summarize sell-side analyst models and notes to understand investment community expectations and key assumptions
- Conduct economic, socio-economic and other analyses on trends impacting the economy and self-storage business to inform strategic decision making
- Utilize experience to assist colleagues across the company in driving Public Storage’s broader strategic initiatives
- 3+ years of financial analysis-related work experience, preferably with buy/sell-side and/or investor relations experience
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel for models and analyses and PowerPoint for presentations
- Strong understanding of financial statements and key competitive financial performance metrics
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, and public-company reporting practices
- Understanding of valuation and modeling techniques used by investors and analysts
- Experience in real estate (particularly with real estate investment trusts) a plus
- * Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation development and public speaking
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment while managing multiple priorities and shifting deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential information and material with the highest degree of professional responsibility
- Must have a high level of intellectual curiosity and strong desire to play an active role in broader business initiatives
- Must be a proactive, self-starter
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.