Investor Relations Analyst
With more than 2,500 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are currently looking for an Investor Relations Analyst to join our Investor Relations team in Glendale, CA.
The Investor Relations Analyst will support the Vice President of Investor Relations in implementing the Company’s comprehensive Investor Relations program. This role will interact with the Company's executive leadership team and other members of management. The successful candidate will work with teams across the organization, while supporting the development and communication of messaging to the financial community and other stakeholders.
- Partner in the preparation and development of investor and corporate-orientated materials, including quarterly earnings releases, investor presentations, Q&A, talking points and other associated materials.
- Support the VP of Investor Relations with preparing investor-oriented materials and summarizing analyst / investor feedback for senior leadership.
- Maintain corporate communications calendar and coordination of all aspects of the company’s participation in external events, including investor days, conferences, and investor meetings and calls.
- Monitor and prepare reports on relevant data impacting company, competitors, and industry, such as operating and performance trends, consensus estimates, stock price targets, competitor trends, and other developments impacting the business.
- Assist in conducting detailed competitive analysis for dissemination and reporting to senior leadership team.
- Monitor, analyze, and summarize analyst models and notes to understand investment community expectations and key assumptions
- 3+ years of financial analysis-related work experience, preferably with investor relations experience
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel for models and analyses and PowerPoint for presentations
- Strong understanding of financial statements, external performance metrics and accounting principles
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of finance, accounting and public-company reporting practices
- Experience with investor relations practices a plus
- Understanding of valuation and modeling techniques used by investors and analysts.
- Ability to interact with customers and associates at all levels of the organization. Cultivates positive relationships with other associates.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation development and public speaking.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment while managing multiple priorities and shifting deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential information and material with the highest degree of professional responsibility
- Must have a high level of intellectual curiosity and strong desire to play an active role in broader business initiatives
- Must be a proactive, self-starter
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.