Inventory Control Coordinator
With more than 2,400 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We currently have a great opportunity for an Inventory Control Coordinator to be based out of our corporate office in Glendale, CA. This position will report directly to the Retail Operations Manager.
- Coordinates distribution of good to ensure that current inventory levels are within set parameters to meet customer demands.
- Plans and forecasts future inventory level based on history, sales forecast, current inventory levels and outstanding purchase orders.
- Coordinates deliveries, investigates exceptions, match vouchers with Purchase Orders.
- Place orders for merchandise and other retail-related items
- Work with vendors to ensure orders are delivered promptly and accurately
- Resolve issues from the field related to merchandise orders
- Prepare and process invoices and vouchers
- Provide assistance to Retail Operations on various other tasks, which include emails, memos and creating various reports
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years of experience in retail and inventory controls.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information over the phone
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Proven ability to organize and establish priorities
- Ability to deal with problems and offer constructive solutions
- Microsoft Suite of products (Office, Word, Excel), JD Edwards experience preferred
- Strong business acumen with proven ability in being an independent thinker, cognizant of sales history and space constraints.
- Ability to use good judgment when replenishing inventory based on various volume requirements
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 743999688400960