Internal Communications Manager
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Are you a Communications Manager that thrives on using creative methods to drive employee brand and engagement? Do you enjoy being creative and using multiple channels to communicate? Does Social Media mean more to you than how many likes you receive? Are you proactive and self-driven? If this sounds like you, then we want to you to join Public Storage. We are the leader in the self-storage industry and we need you on our team.
As the Communications Manager, you will be responsible for driving our overall communications strategy across all channels of communication. You will also drive our employee brand on Social Media. This role is part of the Learning and Development team and interacts with all levels of senior level management.
- Coordinate with a variety of internal clients, including department heads, senior field executives and HR partners in the development and execution of internal communication plans, strategic initiatives and creative campaigns to inform and engage employees.
- Develop, design and distribute monthly employee newsletter. This includes researching, developing, writing and editing story ideas and articles, as well as design and layout.
- Coordinate and serve as the gatekeeper for all internal communications, ensuring they align to our guiding principles.
- Manage and own the bi-weekly distribution of internal communications across all lines of business.
- Drive employee brand on various social media platforms, including planning and scheduling content in advance and researching new trends and hashtags
- Act as managing editor for the company intranet, which includes regular site maintenance and content review in coordination with department heads / content owners.
- Provide strategic support for company events and initiatives (e.g., bi-annual conference, sales contests, town halls, etc.)
- Develop and implement metrics to assess the effectiveness and business impact of the internal communications.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience producing (writing and editing) business communication content and materials.
- A Bachelor's degree in Journalism/Communications, Education, Business Administration, Human Resources or a related field is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Ability to work in a matrix organizational structure and develop strong relationships with all levels of management while meeting operational goals
- Experience with various social media platform
- Outstanding writing and editorial skills
- Proficient in crafting clear messages for all levels of internal audiences
- Strong project management skills and strong working knowledge of current multi-media technologies including voice, video and data related products
- Experience in implementing internal communications strategies and tactics.
- Solutions oriented and self starter
- Excellent communications, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency on the Microsoft suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Publisher or other design/publishing software
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.