HRIS Administrator - Workday
With more than 2,700 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a HRIS Administrator - Workday to join our corporate HR team. The HRIS Administrator will be the first point of contact and primary liaison for Human Resources Information System (HRIS) requests and user support and is responsible for the ongoing reporting, data maintenance and support of the Workday system.
- Provides daily technical and analytical support to our employee base and assists in maintaining existing modules and researches opportunities to expand functionality across multiple modules as business needs arise.
- Works directly with internal customers and collaboratively within the Workday team to answer questions, fulfill requests, troubleshoot, resolve system issues, provide recommendations, and manage system enhancements and updates.
- Maintain and support Workday enterprise-wide account security (role and user-based security groups), organizational structures, business processes, tasks, notifications, system enhancements and provides data entry support and guidance for HR related entries.
Day to Day System Support
- Responsible for assisting with data entry and administration by effectively and efficiently entering, maintaining, auditing, processing and/or reporting HRIS data. Other systems may require support as well.
- Assist in manage I-9 and e-Verify compliance and audits.
- Reviews changes submitted that are not handled by an automated process for accuracy and then enters these changes (job related actions, employment status changes, etc.) into HRIS system, along with any additional data requirements tied to the change.
- Provides assistance in tasks, such as auditing of transmission of files to vendors, mass mailings, and ad-hoc projects.
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational and analytical skills, close attention to detail, and strong problem-solving skills to determine root causes of technical problems with the ability to document effectively, escalate appropriately, and resolve issues in a timely manner.
System Configuration and Maintenance
- Troubleshoot customer and system issues including error messages, log-in difficulties, data issues, and process and integration failures in HR Systems. Troubleshoot system errors, both back-end and front-end.
- Serve as technical point of contact ensuring data integrity maintenance, system modifications, report writing, document maintenance, system audits, solving tenant configurations and integration issues and making recommendations for process changes.
- Act as point person for upgrades/releases, fixes, testing and other technical projects as assigned including partnering on training, content and delivery
- Review business procedures/workflows to ensure system features are being fully utilized and identify Workday features that may improve efficiency.
- Develop and manage standard and custom reports for ongoing internal client needs and configuring and maintaining worklets and announcements. Create and maintain ongoing reports on weekly, quarterly, annual and an ad-hoc basis to include turnover, terminations, active employees, cost center reports.
- Provides system mass update support via EIBs for all functional areas of Workday.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support workload, ensuring high impact and high priority issues are handled in a timely manner.
- Associate's degree or equivalent educational training or experience
- Fluency in Workday technology is required with intermediate to advanced level skills in one of more the following: HCM, Benefits, Compensation, Absence, and/or Reporting. Experience with Payroll a plus.
- Able to develop/modify Workday integration by utilizing Cloud Connects, Document Transformations, Enterprise Interface Builders, and Workday Studio for various functional areas including HCM, Benefits, and Payroll a strong plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Requires considerable knowledge of principles and practices of Human Resources, effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent word processing, data entry, proof reading and follow-through skills
- Computer savvy and displays enthusiasm for providing high quality data services and developing better systems and related processes.
- Accurate typing, spelling and grammar skills required
- Highly skilled in multitasking, organizing and prioritizing work
- Customer service focus
- Ability to manage projects from initiation to completion
- Ability to act independently in tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to identify areas of continuous improvement
- Analytical, organized, and process oriented
- Drive for continuous improvement, standardization and simplification of HR transactional processes
- Able to handle confidential information with maximum discretion
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and competing demands
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.