Financial Reporting Manager
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a high potential and highly motivated individual to join the financial reporting and technical accounting team as the Financial Reporting Manager.
Our financial reporting group is an extremely intellectual, technical, and technologically savvy team with great experience and a commitment to developing team members. We are high visibility group that produces external reporting and accounting analysis that is reviewed by the CFO, CEO, members of senior management and the Board of Trustees.
This Financial Reporting Manager will report to the Senior Director of Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting. This is an individual contributor role that will work with, support, and influence people throughout the finance group and larger organization.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Prepare quarterly SEC 10K/Q filings, earnings releases and other reporting materials as needed
- Perform accounting analysis on related party transactions, leases, share-based compensation, software development cost, etc.
- Provide support on the technical accounting research and documentation on significant and complex transactions, including debt and equity financing, acquisition, stock-based compensation, VIE, etc.
- Evaluate the implications of new accounting and reporting pronouncements on our accounting and disclosure process and provide support on the adoption of such standards
- Assist with the development and update of the company’s significant accounting policies
- Assist with annual audit and quarterly reviews as needed, including project management
- Assist with general ad hoc projects, research and recommend process improvements
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive experience in a financial reporting role
- CPA with a minimum of 4-5 years of public accounting experience
- Ability to conduct technical accounting research and document results accurately and independently
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Advanced computer skills, especially in MS Excel
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and work under strict reporting timelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are looking for the right fit from not only the technical perspective but a team fit as well. In addition to showing a desire and demonstrated potential for growth and advancement, some of the characteristics we would like to see in the successful candidate are:
- Team player - someone who works toward team goals and achievements
- Sense of urgency - ability to meet regular monthly/quarterly deadlines successfully
- Quality of thought - the ability to understand and process opinions from all levels within the organization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.