Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a Financial Analyst - Revenue Management to join our Revenue Management team. The Analyst will primarily support our Revenue Management and Marketing teams by using their analytical skills to gather, validate, and implement pricing strategies based on performance data. In addition will provide managerial reporting and trends for revenue performance. The position works closely with our team of internal analysts, external business partners, and our information technology group. The primary goal is to help us improve the revenue generating effectiveness of our consumer by translating complex and massive data sets into actionable insights and recommendations for senior management.
- The primary duty is assessing data from a variety of sources and using it to derive insights into pricing strategies and market trends. Uses a number of quantitative and qualitative methods to analyze competitor pricing, assess market trends, and track customer engagement in order to gain a complete picture of effective pricing strategies for the company.
- Forecast Revenue and develop models to determine market and customer trends.
- Use a variety of statistical modeling methods to prepare reports that show the potential impact of various pricing strategies.
- Work with sales and marketing personnel to develop and enact competitive pricing strategies.
- Monitor and test market trends within the industry for potential improvement in sales and profitability.
- Develop pricing tools that allows for quick responses to changing market needs and trends.
- Present findings to senior management on various pricing strategies and recommendation for actionable strategies and techniques to drive sales and enhance marketing efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Business Analytics or Computer Science is required.
- Minimum 3 years prior business analytics and data analysis experience
- Ability to generate ad-hoc data extracts from various databases using Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential
- Experience with one or more of the following tools/programs/languages:
- SQL and Excel proficient
- Tableau, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google BigQuery
- Scheduling/Query tools such as SQL Server Management Studio
- Superior understanding of SQL and Database Modeling
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Detailed oriented and organized
- Self-starter with strong multi-tasking skills
Base Pay Range: $100,000 - $115,000
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of our total awards approach to compensation which is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses or incentives.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.