With more than 2,400 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a Financial Analyst with strong analytical and modeling skills to join our 3rd Party Management Group in Glendale, CA.
- Prepare projections and budgets for 3rd Party properties
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial reports
- Maintain and improve various financial databases/models
- Perform ongoing analysis and monitor activities and performance
- Partner with various departments such as Accounting, Cash Management, Client Services and Operations to resolve 3rd Party related issues
- Prepare month-end journal entries and reconcile various accounts
- Provide variance analysis of budget vs. actual results for assigned areas and explain the causes of any variances
- Assist in the integration of new facilities into various Public Storage platforms
- Develop ad hoc reports as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or related area from an accredited 4-year university is required
- 2+ years of related experience in finance, accounting and real estate
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (vlookups, formulas, if statements, pivot tables, etc.)
- Outstanding organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Exceptional presentation and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of JD Edwards preferred
- Knowledge of SQL preferred
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple tasks/projects
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.