Financial Analyst - Real Estate
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The Real Estate Financial Analyst is one of the key reports to the Director of Underwriting and Analytics within the Public Storage real estate division. The Analyst responsibilities include leading the Company's analytical efforts related to development, redevelopment and acquisition underwriting and investment memorandum preparation.
- Underwrite potential acquisitions and developments to meet the company's investment criteria
- Review markets across the nation to understand supply and demand components for new development opportunities
- Identify appropriate competitors to gauge rental rate potential and understand demographic trends
- Collaborate with the real estate acquisition and development teams to understand local markets and meet deadlines
- Maintain dashboards to track trends and compare across investments
- Gather deal specific information by researching a variety of sources including, industry, economic and demographic data.
- Prepare meaningful financial analyses and presentations to aid senior management decisions
- Ad hoc operational analysis, monthly pipeline reporting, investment forecasting, capital budgeting, and historical investment performance review
Base Pay Range: $90000 to $110000
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of our total awards approach to compensation which is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses or incentives.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- 0-2 years of experience in financial analysis, asset management, or private equity
- Real Estate industry experience is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with a focus on Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Energetic, organized, creative, and highly motivated person with the ability to learn and work independently and collaboratively
- Strong work ethic and ability to support multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines
- Strength of character and flexible style to work successfully with a range of people, from staff to executives. Has the personal presence to deal effectively with these constituencies
- An entrepreneurial spirit who has the commitment and wherewithal to collaboratively grow the Public Storage platform. This person will bring and implement industry best practices and sophistication to the company
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: d5d3f412-69d9-429b-b6a5-53a17cef2b42