Financial Analyst - Real Estate
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The Real Estate Financial Analyst is one of the key direct reports to the head of analytics within the Public Storage real estate division. The Analyst responsibilities include leading the Company's analytical efforts related to development, redevelopment and acquisition underwriting, transaction execution and investment memorandum preparation.
- Ad hoc operational analysis, monthly and quarterly reporting preparation, investment forecasting, capital budgeting, and historical investment performance review.
- Prepare meaningful financial analyses, presentations, and performance templates to aid senior management decisions
- Coordinate capital planning activities with the Acquisition, Asset Management, and Development departments
- Direct the preparation of initial asset level business plans, including documentation of strategy and forecast of financial performance
- Prepare senior management reporting packages, including actual-to-budget and forecast-to-budget variance analysis and cash forecasting
- Evaluate and screen potential acquisitions for match with the company's investment criteria
- Gather property-specific & market information by researching a variety of sources including, industry, regulatory and economic information, demographic data, and property information
- Participate in ad hoc projects
- Bachelors and/or Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- 0-2 years of experience in financial analysis, asset management, private equity or investment banking
- Real Estate industry experience is preferred; experience working with an Owner/Developer
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with a focus on Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Energetic, organized, creative, and highly motivated person with the ability to learn and work independently and collaboratively
- Strong work ethic and ability to support multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines
- Strength of character and flexible style to work successfully with a range of people, from staff to executives. Has the personal presence to deal effectively with these constituencies
- An entrepreneurial spirit who has the commitment and wherewithal to collaboratively grow the Public Storage platform. This person will bring and implement industry best practices and sophistication to the company
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.