Financial Analyst - Facilities Asset Management
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The Financial Analyst-Facilities Asset Management is one of the key direct reports to the head of Finance within the Public Storage Facilities Asset Management team. The Analyst will lead the Facilities analytical efforts related to cash flow, run rate, and capital investment forecasting, capital investment scenario modeling, and company’s assets management initiatives.
- Design and maintain the preparation of meaningful financial analyses, presentations, and performance dashboards to aid senior management decisions
- Manage and coordinate capital planning activities with Facilities Asset Management Executive Leadership Team
- Prepare senior management reporting packages, including Facilities budget approvals, CAPEX run rate and cash flow forecasting, and insights on capital initiatives strategic performance
- Ad hoc operational analysis, monthly and quarterly reporting preparation, investment forecasting, capital budgeting, and historical investment performance review.
- Identify investment risk and opportunities
- Lead asset management technological innovation (ticketing, projects, and assets systems) and proactively identify ways to better leverage technology to create value for the team
- Assist with monthly accounting close and collaborate with accounting team to support the company’s public reporting and audit requirements
- Work cross-functionally with finance, accounting, internal auditing, tax, and legal teams to ensure all compliance standards are met
- Participate in ad hoc projects
- Pro-actively drive accountability within the organization by developing reporting and analytical deliverables that provide transparency and insight into how operational activities effect investment performance
- Bachelors and/or Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Technology with a focus on Finance/Projects partnership or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in financial analysis, asset management, project management
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical technology skills a big plus (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Pyramid, SQL, Python, R)
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills with a focus on Excel
- Strong analytical and financial/project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate across various corporate department
- Public company experience a plus
- Energetic, organized, creative, curious and highly motivated person with the ability to learn and work independently and collaboratively
- Strong work ethic and ability to support multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines
- Strength of character and flexible style to work successfully with a range of people, from staff to executives. Has the personal presence to deal effectively with these constituencies
- An entrepreneurial spirit who has the commitment and wherewithal to collaboratively grow the Public Storage platform. This person will bring and implement industry best practices and sophistication to the company
- Highly-driven and motivated to join a team that offers a tremendous opportunity to grow personally and professionally
Public Storage offers competitive base and bonus, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSA's for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.