Finance Application Manager
With more than 2,500 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a Finance Application Manager to join our team in Glendale, CA. The Finance Application Manager will be responsible for the data in the JD Edwards accounting system foundation module tables. The tables are integral to both the accounting system as well as to the company’s other systems. The position includes various duties including supervisory, process improvement as well as hands-on duties.
- Serve as a main point of contact and process all changes requested by internal customers for all table update requests
- Maintain data integrity by vetting the data prior to updating the system tables
- Effective, timely and frequent communication with internal customers from multiple departments regarding new properties in the pipeline, management organizational changes, structure changes, ownership changes and various other changes.
- Ad-hoc reporting from the tables as requested by internal customers
- Assist with trouble-shooting errors with processes that are impacted by the data stored in the foundation module tables.
- Develop an understanding of the tables, the data that they contain the purpose that they serve within the accounting system and to the external systems to which data are fed via nightly automated processes.
- Enhance functionality through automation and by identifying improvements to existing processes
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) in Business administration, Finance/Accounting, Operations, and/or Information Systems
- Proficient knowledge of Accounting systems and business processes
- A minimum of 2-4 years of related work experience
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and its advanced functions
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus
- Experience with JD Edwards a plus
- Well-rounded experience in finance/accounting and/or systems management
- Ability to prioritize the urgency of the updates requests by internal customers.
- Strong communication skills
- Possess strategic initiative: ability to identify issues and develop recommendations
- Must be a team player in a growing, dynamic, fast paced environment
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.