Facilities Services Specialist, Centralized
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage has an immediate opening for a Facilities Support Specialist based in our Plano, Texas Office. In this role you will support our centralized Repair and Maintenance program and National contracts. Specifically you will handle the day to day work order management of repair and capital expenditures, contracting of work, solving problems, and vendor management.
- Dispatching Work Orders in RAMP (Facilities Work Order Management System)
- Following up and managing open Work Orders, emails and vendor SLA
- Processing multiple maintenance requests, which includes capital improvements as well as repairs & maintenance
- Establish & maintain vendors
- Support field personnel
- Maintaining property information files and providing emergency support as needed
- Invoice processing
- Maintain strong relationship with Accounts Payable
- Learning - collaborating with Trade Manager to learn the trade
- High energy with ability to multi-task
- Ability to function well in a team environment
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills
- Customer service experience
- Accounts Payable experience a plus
- Service Dispatching experience a plus
- Facilities or construction knowledge preferred
- Strong typing skills & 10 key a plus
- Proficient use of current Microsoft Office Products (MS Office Suite-Outlook, Word and Excel)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.