Facilities Services Specialist, Centralized
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage has an immediate opening for a Facilities Support Specialist based in our Plano, Texas Office. In this role you will support elements our centralized Repair and Maintenance program and National contracts. Specifically you will handle the day to day work order management of repair and capital expenditures, contracting of work, solving problems, and vendor management.
- Ongoing monitoring/processing of the Network Hotline
- Dispatching Work Requests
- Processing multiple maintenance requests, which includes capital improvements as well as repairs & maintenance
- Establish & maintain vendors
- Support field personnel
- Maintaining property information files and providing emergency support as needed
- Invoice processing
- Maintain strong relationship with Accounts Payable
- High energy with ability to multi-task
- Ability to function well in a team environment
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills
- Customer service experience
- Accounts Payable experience a plus
- Facilities or construction knowledge preferred
- Strong typing skills & 10 key a plus
- Proficient use of current Microsoft Office Products (MS Office Suite-Outlook, Word and Excel)
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Relocation assistance is not available for this role.