Facilities Asset Manager
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for Facilities Asset Manager to be based out of our office in Naperville, IL or Plano, TX. This position will be responsible for the asset management of our portfolio through maintenance of our Facilities, Property Renovations and Brand Presentation. We are looking for a high energy, "can do" individual that enjoys a fast pace and diverse workload in a dynamic environment! Experience with commercial construction and facilities management is a plus.
- Identification of needed capital expenditures, scope requirements, estimating budget requirements, contracting of work and timely completion of projects.
- Develop strategic asset plans for assigned properties by traveling to properties to understand existing conditions, inspect work progress or validate completed project meets company standards.
- Ensures that the construction assumptions and project risks have been identified and addressed.
- Reviews all drawings and make sure they conform to the company design standards.
- Develop and prepare project budgets and cost estimates. Ensure that project budget stays within budget.
- Develop schedules and maintains targeted completion dates. Understands how to manage milestones, and bring appropriate resources to challenges impacting the schedule.
- Responsible for identifying and assigning General Contractors and negotiates, recommends, and approves contracts with GC’s.
- Responsible for completion of company construction projects as assigned.
- Ensure that coordination and regular communication of overall project occurs between key stake holders.
- Advises management of any project delays or budget challenges and identifies alternate actions to maintain schedules and budgets.
- Support National Programs and Initiatives to ensure success.
- Research and recommend procedures, processes and services for continuous improvement in the delivery of results.
- Provide emergency response as needed.
- Perform due diligence for acquisitions and redevelopments.
- At least 5 years commercial construction management experience in a major chain or multiple location organization for either a General Contractor or Owner's Representative preferably overseeing the management of assets and large renovations or remodels.
- Must possess strong project accounting skills, including budget development, ongoing project cost monitoring and large money contract management.
- Must have worked in a major corporate environment and possess a customer centric attitude with the ability to collaborate, communicate and interact with various management levels within the organization.
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited 4-year university
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Suite office of programs including Word, Excel, Access, Project and Primavera-Expedition)
- Previous experience in a Project Management role with a General Contractor is a plus.
- Frequent travel is required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.