Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Executive Assistant supporting our Executive Leaders in our corporate office in Glendale, CA.
The ideal candidate ensures smooth functioning of activities and processes in multiple lines of businesses, exhibits professionalism on a consistent basis, and proudly represents the Company on behalf of the Executives and Board Members. Must be a self-starter, proactive, a problem solver, and have a positive approach to a very busy office.
- Provide administrative support with corporate and community matters.
- Strategically researches, prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to our executive leaders, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature, determines appropriate course of action, referral, and/or response
- Supports our executive leaders prioritizing, assisting and executing action items, follow-ups and tasks with minimal supervision.
- Use access to the email accounts of supported staff to schedule appointments and answer or redirect routine inquiries from internal or external sources.
- Compose routine correspondence and route sensitive and priority items on a timely basis.
- Manage the Executives’ schedule and make travel arrangements, and serve as the central point for office support including processing expense reimbursements.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings. This may include scheduling meeting times, making travel arrangements for attendees, compiling data for routine reports, and ensuring that various meeting amenities are available.
- Accurately transcribes, types, formats, and proofreads documents (e.g., correspondence, meeting minutes, reports, speeches, and/or presentations)
- May assist in project management activities including but not limited to: project planning, scheduling, organizing, and project research.
- A minimum of 7 years of proven track record of success supporting Executives /C-Suite required
- Ability to anticipate needs, problem solve, and identify solutions; highly organized and understand juggling priorities, timely with follow up
- Ability to handle multiple tasks frequently within short timelines, to prioritize and organize work, and to complete assignments in a timely, accurate manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong organization and interpersonal skills. Flawless grammar and email etiquette.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Focus on excellent customer service and delivering quality work product
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and exercise independent/sound judgment and exercise diplomacy in all areas of responsibility.
- Ability to anticipate executives and department needs and acts proactively.
- Ability to meet new challenges with an open mind and an optimistic response.
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Ability to interact with C-Suite and Senior Executives, Board Members and staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.