Director, Loss Prevention
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The Director, Loss Prevention is a key business partner tasked with leading company’s field loss prevention programs while working proactively and in collaboration with Property Operations, and other cross functional teams to identify potential risks to the company and provide appropriate, practical, and timely resolution. The position drives security and safety awareness across the company’s footprint of properties to reduce the frequency and severity of incidents which may include provide training, reporting, and proactively identify trends and recommending best practices.
- Provide oversight and direction to the Regional Loss Prevention Managers while taking a primary leadership role in identifying and mitigating property security and safety exposures across the company.
- Directly responsible for the execution of the Loss Prevention programs for the properties located in the Central United States.
- Proactively analyze company security and safety metrics and identify/recommend practical solutions to address outliers.
- Drive security and safety awareness by developing and leading in person training and/or virtual with business Operations.
- Conduct in person property audits and provide monthly analysis to leaders with any recommendation and follow up on resolution
- Conduct in person property visits which include evaluating Field safety equipment including assessment of physical security of property.
- Identifies company trends relating to physical security and develops action steps to assist in recommending and implementing best practices
- Collaborate with HR and Operational business leaders in addition with external government and law enforcement agencies as required for security and safety investigations.
- Liaise with and coach the investigating manager to ensure compliance with procedures and completion of a thorough investigation.
- Leads investigation/mitigation of incidents involving illegal or hazardous materials requiring 3rd party assistance
- Provide support to Field Operations during crises and natural disasters to ensure security and safety of employees and property.
- Partners with cross-functional teams to achieve positive on ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 15+ years relevant loss prevention experience required.
- 10+ years of multi-location loss prevention management experience preferred.
- 10+ years of experience with security equipment such as intrusion detection devices, access control systems, and video review system.
- Experience directing management teams while executing multi-unit/state responsibilities.
- Strong familiarity with databases querying, reporting and analyzing.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills (public speaking).
- Solid analytical skills, ability to identify trends.
- Must be comfortable working in an independent manner and able to be flexible to business needs.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards.
- Ability to multi-task, make decisions and provide guidance in stressful situations.
- Experience in design, installation, and application of security systems.
- Expert in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Ability in working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time, including overnight travel.
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.