Director, Incident Management
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The Director of Incident Management is responsible for the operation of the Public Storage technology operations centers as a service. This includes leading the incident management, crisis management, problem management and monitoring management processes. This executive is a key thought leader for End-User and Technical teams creating and executing programs, processes and development activities that ensure the proper sustainment and availability of all technology platforms across a highly diverse portfolio of services. This individual will lead and provide direction in resolving highly complex and technical issues across the enterprise along with Senior Leaders. High collaboration and influencing skills and key partnerships is essential to this role. This leader will be asked to lead a growing team of professionals from a diverse mix of sources ranging from Public Storage employees to outsourced personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring that all Incident processes and frameworks have the ability to operate 24x7x365 for business critical incidents and must be agreeable to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holiday, evening, overnight and weekend shifts.
- Drive discussions across stakeholders to identify service level objectives, service level agreements, service level indicators, and opportunities for optimization.
- Lead coordination of cross team dependencies to enable continuous improvement to incident response and resolution. Partner closely with teams (IT, Business, Network, DevOps, Performance, Vendors) to reduce MTTR for major outages, prevent bottlenecks, quick issue resolution and form collaborations that will extend value across the organization.
- Form strong collaboration ties with peak leads to ensure readiness and the appropriate support is available for critical peak periods.
- Responsible for consistently evolving and maturing the incident management approach from ticket intake, monitoring, escalation, liaison, and reporting. Mentor, teach and demonstrate consistent practice to ensure each event has been thoroughly investigated and results are applied to improve future response.
- Drive early phase explore activities to evaluate opportunities and identify SRE critical products
- In partnership with the cross-functional teams, identify gaps and remediation opportunities within business processes and run books. Ensure continuous alignment between the organizations and that all knowledge artifacts stay relevant.
- 10+ years of IT/IS management of Systems and Network Operations
- 6-8 years in people management role within IT shared service organization
- 6-8 years of people management experience
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively with a variety of skills and levels and strong problem solving and analytical skills; Proven strength in driving for business outcomes and results.
- Strong verbal and written communications, and the ability to work well with the business and technical teams.
- Action/Decision oriented mind set and adaptable to changing requirements and direction in a transformative environment.
- Proficiency with tools like Service Now, Pager Duty, PingDom, Atlassian, Akamai (Fast DNS, IoN, NetStorage, Cloudlets+), New Relic, Splunk, Google Analytics.
- Experience with 3rd Party Commerce Integrations
- Exposure to Accessibility, GDPR, CCPA, PII, & PCI policies