With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a Director of Finance to join our team in Glendale, CA. We are looking for a leader who understands how to drive value, has a balance of technical and business acumen, and strength in process improvement with a strong grasp on how to leverage technology.
The Director of Finance will be a key hire and will act as a trusted number two for the VP Finance Operations. In addition, to owning the management reporting for our Self Storage portfolio, process improvement will be critical to this role. The leader will need to quickly identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and systems in areas such as Management Reporting/Budgeting/AP and Divisional KPIs etc.
- Partner with the Operations Division Leaders and work closely with other Financial Planning and Business Finance teams to drive operational and finance performance
- Support periodic Forecasting, Budgeting and long term Strategic Plan
- Responsible for internal management reporting for US Store Operations, Retail, Call Center and Accounts Payable.
- Refine, analyze and integrate the financial statements
- Provide input on the P&L budget and forecast and constantly identify financial risk and opportunities
- Ensure that effective process is in place to support new initiatives in Operations such as roll out of new technology, review of potential strategic partners or vendors.
- Leverage technology to drive finance deliverables.
- Developing ad-hoc/new analytical methods tailored to unique operational circumstances that arise, in a repeatable manner that can be delegated.
- Identify areas for process improvement and standardization of finance deliverables
- Partner and collaborate with the leaders of our functional areas
- Lead, manage and mentor direct reports.
- 12+ years of broad financial experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year university in Finance or related area required
- CPA a plus
- Experience leveraging technology to drive process improvement and standardization.
- Demonstrated ability using analysis in a problem-solving manner rather than just as a caretaker, by developing new analysis and improving existing analytical methods.
- Advanced excel and other financial tool skills.
- Strong ability to adapt to different audiences, influence directly and indirectly; and communicate with all levels within the organization
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally, with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to make recommendations, gain buy-in and lead projects to improve the processes and efficiencies of a business team.
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Relocation assistance is not available for this role.