Director, Call Center
With more than 2,500 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are currently looking for a Call Center Director to optimize contact center systems and technology, maximize productivity and drive innovation.
The Call Center Director will have accountability for the strategic leadership of Public Storage’s Workforce planning capabilities.
This leader will identify opportunities, develop specific processes, architect solutions, and influence automation efforts to enable capabilities to optimize workforce solutions to achieve operational efficiencies.
- Advance strategic workforce planning capabilities, methodologies and tactics to enable scalability and efficiency
- Lead and drive the Call Center Change/Project Management functions.
- Provide strategic thought leadership and drive continuous improvement to advance workforce planning capabilities.
- Leverage data and financial analysis, workforce models and innovation to inform, advise, problem solve and influence decisions and outcomes that align the strategic priorities.
- Proactively identify, analyze, remediate or modify operational process changes, excess capacity, defects in workforce models and forecasts to deliver best in class workforce plans in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Engage with executive leadership to report on performance and proactively recommend improvements
- Ensure timely, accurate and actionable information is communicated to senior operations leaders and other key stakeholders to increase operating efficiencies and reduce overall operating costs.
- Plans and prioritize activities to ensure on-time, on budget, completion of projects and initiatives while meeting performance metric expectations
- Accountable for developing and meeting company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations, projects and systems.
- Drive the selection, customization and use of systems, programs, software and other technology tools associated with workforce planning, automation and optimization.
- Accountable for monthly/quarterly payroll forecast and performance against forecast
- Lead and cultivate a positive team environment and provide ongoing guidance and career development opportunities to direct reports. Develops and motivates staff driving to high levels of engagement and satisfaction
- Leads the Workforce Department; provides leadership in the planning/forecasting staffing requirements as they translate to the creation of optimal schedules and real-time (intra-day) management to support multi-department contact center operations.
- Responsible for attainment of all Workforce performance measures such as occupancy and service levels.
- Work seamlessly with Call Center finance to provide monthly financial forecasts to the VP of CC Ops
- Develop, implement and maintain company Project Management standards, guidelines, and tools that can be efficiently used on all projects. Lead the development and growth of organizational capability and competency in the project management practice.
- Process establishment - Establish and implement project reporting over the project life cycle with a focus on key performance indicators that allow for early detection and mitigation of project risks. Establish and implement a formalized project gating process that memorializes project goals (cost, schedule, and scope), execution strategy and project risks/mitigation at key phases of the project.
- Establish and implement formalized change management processes designed to assess cost and schedule impacts of scope change and obtain executive approval. Incorporate lessons learned into company procedures and tools.
- Coordinate with cross discipline team members to ensure projects are executed on budget and on schedule.
- Once live, manage on-going vendor relationships to ensure compliance with our SLA’s.
- 10+ years of experience the majority of which in a Call Center Environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year university in Finance or related area required
- Experience leveraging nascent CC technology (Chat Bots/AI/Remote working tools)
- Exceptional intellectual and analytical curiosity with proven capability to strategically problem-solve
- Ability to set Workforce goals and strategy based on a solid understanding of an organization’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to translate and convey complex statistical and other data into easy to understand, actionable recommendations.
- Proven experience at driving continual improvement activities with an organization
- Ability to develop and build effective teams
- Excellent project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology in solving business problems.
- Experience communicating strategies and performance to executives.
- Strong ability to adapt to different audiences, influence directly and indirectly; and communicate with all levels within the organization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.