With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The Digital Architect will be responsible for establishing and maturing the strategic direction of architectural design in order to meet stakeholder needs, business strategies and emerging trends. In this role, you will identify and apply innovating technology solutions to address business problems and or opportunities. You will be accountable for developing, strengthening and continually advancing Public Storage’s capabilities (people, process, partners, tools). You will influence all aspects of solutions architecture innovation and strategy for the business with a focus on maximizing value.
- Implement an overarching digital architecture strategy, rein in disruptive technologies, optimize capital costs and provide new and enhanced customer experiences for business and customers.
- Provide deep technical understanding of all current solutions along with a deep technical understanding of future technologies.
- Work with senior leadership as a representative of Digital in other technical business areas within Public Storage in architectural decision making.
- Understand the "big picture" and guide your team to defining architectural solutions that solve the business needs.
- Lead Proof-Of-Concepts and Spike Solutions, and provide reference architectures and baseline implementations where appropriate.
- Ensure all Non-Functional Requirements (ex. Performance, availability and fail-over, scalability, security, etc..) are properly articulated and work with all parties to guarantee that the software products that are delivered meet these objectives.
- Drive buy vs build evaluations, including consideration of OSS.
- Provide guidance to developers and other stakeholders regarding the design of server applications, encompassing APIs and microservices, containers, databases, cloud infrastructures, and cloud services, etc.
- 5-7 years as a software developer/architect. Experience leading technical architecture initiatives that impact many value streams (multiple agile/release trains)
- Experience and proficiency with modern languages, frameworks, and technologies such as Java, Node.js, messaging queueing infrastructures, as well as AWS or GCP cloud infrastructure and services.
- Recognized leader with technical teams, broad technical knowledge, and considered an expert in multiple technical subjects.
- Experienced with distributed caching solutions; understands the factors that enable effective caching.
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively with a variety of skills and levels and strong problem solving and analytical skills; Proven strength in driving for business outcomes and results.
- Strong verbal and written communications, and the ability to work well with the business and technical teams.
- Action/Decision oriented mindset and adaptable to changing requirements and direction in a transformative environment.
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.