Data Systems Coordinator
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a Data Systems Coordinator to join our corporate Accounting & Finance team in Glendale, CA.
The candidate will be responsible for data in the JD Edwards accounting system foundation module tables. The tables are integral to both the accounting system as well as to the company’s other systems. The position entails processing all changes requested by internal customers, maintaining data integrity by vetting the data prior to updating the system tables, heavy communication with internal customers from multiple departments, develop an understanding of the processes that are impacted by the data stored in the foundation module tables.
- Develop an understanding of the tables, the data that they contain the purpose that they serve within the accounting system and to the external systems to which data are fed via nightly automated processes.
- Constant communication with various internal departments including Real Estate Development, Real Estate Acquisitions and Third-Party Property Management to keep abreast of new properties in the pipeline and formulate a timeline to add properties in pipeline to the foundation system tables.
- Constant communication with Field Management Organization to keep abreast of changes to the Management Organization structure and implement changes in the tables on a timely basis.
- Formulate and distribute communication to personnel within the organization on new property openings and field management organization structure changes on timely basis.
- Constant communication with Financial Reporting and Income Tax teams and other internal teams to keep abreast of changes to the ownership structure and various other changes and implement changes in the tables on a timely basis.
- Prioritize the urgency of the updates requests by internal customers.
- Serve as a point-of-contact for all table update requests
- Process data changes
- AA Degree or BA in Business administration, Finance/Accounting and/or Information Systems highly preferred
- A minimum of 2-4 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Experience with JD Edwards or other ERP System a must
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.