Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are currently looking for a Data Scientist to join our Data & Analytics practice in Glendale, CA.
The Data Scientist will use both business domain and technical skills to establish empathy and understanding with a business owner in order to propose meaningful solutions with a measurable outcome.
The Data Scientist will build models that explain the real world using a combination of intuition, math and programming. They will be a subject matter expert on algorithms that fit the problem set and be exceptional at breaking down complex systems into solvable components.
- Responsible for applying statistical and model rigor to any deliverable yet balancing with calculated trade-offs
- SME on algorithms and designs code that can be refactored easily by a data engineer or used by a data analyst
- Builds repo and maintains a library of models that can be applied/refactored on similar design patterns
- Expert in both unstructured and structured data set ingestion and classification, regression, SVM, deep learning etc.
- Mentors and trains teams in new techniques and pushes boundaries of existing technology to deliver enterprise value
- Owns the Confluence knowledge repository and GitHub model repo
- Refresh and update models as needed.
- Thought leader on how to converge available data, transfer learning from other projects and test new algorithms that optimize across large, ambiguous data sets
- Bachelors in STEM fields such as physics, social/economics, or business with a strong technical acumen required
- Masters and/or PhD degree preferred
- 4-6 years of experience or any equivalent of experience and post graduate education
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Strong verbal communication skills: ability to effectively communicate cross functionally
- Strong command of applied math (linear/matrix functions) with deep learning theory and practice; Both frequentist or Bayesian welcome
- Proficiency with programming and scripting languages: Python/R, SQL and C#/++
- Experience with analytic frameworks and open source libraries
- Passionate about thinking through problems and solving them
- Realistic view of AI and understanding of how to use deep learning in real-world situations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.