Data Analytics Manager, Real Estate
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
The Data Analytics Manager, Real Estate Finance is responsible for overseeing analytics and process improvement across the Real Estate group including capital investment strategy (including acquisitions, development, and asset management), planning and forecasting, investment performance, and ad hoc analytical projects across Public Storage’s portfolio of over 2,700 properties in 39 states.
- Lead efforts to provide standard and ad-hoc tools to augment the capital decision making process
- Own curation of Real Estate data for self and others
- Enable team to improve self-service analytics capabilities through better data platforming and evangelizing tool sets
- Interface with data science team to guide direction and adoption of delivered projects
- Identify and execute process improvement across Real Estate team
- Ad hoc analytical projects
- 5+ years of analytical experience with emphasis on data curation and tool building, real estate related experience a plus
- Excellent technical skills in SQL, Tableau (or other visualization tool); Python or other analytics language a plus
- Microsoft Office skills with a focus on Excel
- Demonstrated ability to understand the business, the business’ needs, and deploy tools and analysis to internal customers that help facilitate decision making
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to support multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines
- Strength of character and flexible style to work successfully with a range of people, from staff to executives. Has the personal presence to deal effectively with these constituencies
- Public company experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.