Data Analyst - Machine Learning
With more than 2,500 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are currently looking for a Data Analyst to join our Data & Analytics practice in Glendale, CA.
The Data Analyst will use both business domain and technical skills to establish empathy and understanding with a business owner in order to propose meaningful solutions with a measurable outcome.
The Data Analyst will assist business owners with a triage of opportunities, as well as delivering the storyboard for completion. The will perform any required EDA (including but not limited to visualization) and establishes the guidelines for both user acceptance and project success criteria and be responsible for measuring and quantifying enterprise outcomes (Increase rev, Optimize cost, Improve productivity)
- Triage opportunities by estimating benefit and effort.
- Capture the business requirements in the form of a storyboard to set a shared vision of the outcome
- Create mock-ups to communicate acceptance criteria and outline a minimally viable product (MVP)
- Sets or compromises work scope for speed of execution and learning with multiple stakeholders
- Communicate effectively with the Data Engineer on specific data requirements and the Data Scientist on models as driven by the business needs, documented on storyboards, detailed use cases and product requirements etc
- Act as project or product manager as needed for success
- Bachelors in physics, social/economics, or business with a strong technical acumen
- 4-6 years of experience or any equivalent of experience and post graduate education.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Strong verbal communication skills: ability to effectively communicate cross functionally.
- Understanding of visualization to highlight the narrative and impact the problem and the so what.
- Strong command of programming and scripting languages: SQL, Python and R
- Passionate about visual storytelling via visualization code - leveraging matplotib, ggplot, shiny, bokeh, etc.
- Ability to perform general network troubleshooting and leverage open source analytical and EDA libraries
- Capable of performing key functions of a data engineer (SQL) and a data scientist (EDA, interpreting a model)
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Relocation assistance is not available for this role.