Customer Service Specialist
Join the industry leader! Public Storage has been leading the self-storage industry since 1972 and we are Hiring Now!
Public Storage was recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
As a Call Center Customer Service Agent, you love helping people; you’re compassionate, you listen, you’re good at addressing customer inquiries regarding company products and services and their account and billing issues. Most of all, you enjoy resolving issues in a positive manner, keeping company interests in mind. If this is you, your search for a Customer Service position ends here. We have the perfect opportunity for you in a remote environment out of the comfort of your own home!
We have a virtual hiring process with a quick turnaround. Apply Now for an opportunity to become a part of our winning team!
- Provide customers with the highest levels of service and professionalism to ensure customer satisfaction without compromising on Public Storage integrity
- Act as a liaison between customers and management; ability to resolve multifaceted issues that may require extensive research and complex decision making skills
- Answer inbound customer calls on a daily basis and perform administrative duties on items such as customer account and status inquiries, and make outbound return calls to customers
- Attend one-on-one feedback sessions on performance and participate in team meetings to ensure success
· Adherence to your shift schedule and availability for calls, meeting and training
- Participate and contribute in related Customer Service, Marketing and other projects as assigned
- Starting hourly rate of $12 with annual merit increases based on performance
- Full-Time and Flexible Schedules - All with full benefits
- Four weeks paid training with our training team in a virtual environment that support your journey with us and enhance your skills
- Work in the comfort of your own home
- Comprehensive group healthcare programs
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- Internal promotional and career opportunities
- 1+ years of customer service experience required (call center, hospitality or banking environment preferred)
- Multitask; typing while talking and moving from administrative to live calls
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Research, define and understand customer concerns/issues, follow-up and collect data while considering viable solutions
- Proficient in Windows-based computer programs with excellent navigation skills
- Prior work from home experience preferred
- Skills in languages other than English are a plus
To work from home you must have:
- Dedicated, uninterrupted and quiet space to work
- High speed home internet (internet testing will be required during interview process to confirm minimum internet speed requirement is met)
- Smartphone; app used for verification
- Public Storage will provide with the necessary equipment (laptop, headset, keyboard and mouse) to work from home
- Contact center operates 7 days a week from 3:00 am -10:00 pm PST.
- Your initial training period is 5 weeks of remote classroom training.
o Days and hours of training:
- Monday-Friday from 7:00am-4:00pm PST or 8:00am- 5:00pm PST.
- Time off request(s) during training are discouraged and may not be available due to the classroom training program.
- Upon completion of training, your work schedule may include shifts during any of our operating days/times, including nights and weekends. You must be flexible and available for scheduling
Click the "APPLY" button to take charge of your sales career today!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.