Custodian - Self Storage Facilities
$500.00 New Hire Bonus - Yes, you read that right! Apply today and receive a job offer by May 31th, 2023 to be eligible for a $500.00 bonus after 90 days of employment with us!
Public Storage is the self-storage industry leader and we are Hiring Now!
Earn $16.50 Per Hour
Total Rewards package available to our team:
- We work Flexible and Full-Time Schedules between the hours of 9:30am and 6pm (weekends ‘til 5pm)
- Employees become eligible for Full-time Benefits by working an average of 20+ hours - Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with match, paid time off, sick time, and flex spending
- Company paid life, accidental death insurance, and exclusive vendor discounts
- Mileage reimbursement is provided when traveling between properties or other work-related tasks
Own your day as a Property Care Specialist with Public Storage. If you take pride in making the facility and grounds shine, this is role is for you. Serving as a Property Care Specialist you are more than just a custodian. Our customers will appreciate the appearance and safe environment of our properties because of your dedication and commitment.
- Work independently maintaining cleanliness and brand standards of the property grounds inside and outside at multiple locations
- Provide general maintenance such as mopping, sweeping, changing light bulbs, minor plumbing repairs, light painting, and landscaping
- Conduct daily storage unit inspections; confirm inventory availability and ensure spaces are ready to rent
- Clean vacated units and kiosks
- Dispose of debris and abandoned goods as directed
- Clean/maintain restrooms and perform other janitorial tasks
- Move merchandise, office furniture, equipment and other materials as needed
- Report maintenance needs, safety concerns and any equipment failures to the Property Manager or District Manager
- Able to drive and work at multiple properties during the workday as needed
- Adhere to your shift schedule which includes availability for calls, meetings, and training
- Act with personal integrity and comply with safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to transport lift/move items weighing up to 35 pounds
- Our Property Care Specialists should be able to walk in/around facilities spending up to 50% of their time in outdoor environments, including climbing stairs and opening large doors.
- Performing cleaning and daily maintenance tasks: including sweeping/mopping interior areas and maintain exterior grounds/curb appeal clean and free of debris.
- Successful candidates may have prior custodial or similar experience
- Enjoy working independently or as part of a small team
- Ability and willingness to perform maintenance that includes climbing stairs and ladders, shoveling snow, frequent lifting of roll up doors and constant standing and walking
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds
- Willingness to work in multiple locations
- Willingness to work any day of the week between the hours of 8:00am to 8:00pm, possibly including weekends and holidays in all kinds of weather
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, communication, problem-solving and time management skills
- Valid and current driver's license with reliable personal transportation used during the workday
Transportation: Our employees are required to have a valid driver’s license and utilize their own vehicle to travel between different work locations and/or while conducting other work-related business. (mileage reimbursement available)
More about Us!
Public Storage was recognized as A Great Place to Work by the Great Place to Work Institute. Our employees have also voted us as having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
Apply Now for an opportunity to join Public Storage and be a part of the self-storage industry’s #1 team!
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: f68b3fe2-ed02-4ecb-82a9-f82a96d34983