Custodian - Self Storage Facilities
$1,000.00 New Hire Bonus - Yes, you read that right! Apply today and receive a job offer by November 30, 2022 to be eligible for a $1,000.00 bonus after 90 days of employment with us!
Own your day as a Property Care Specialist with Public Storage. If you take pride in making the facility and grounds shine, this is role is for you. Serving as a Property Care Specialist you are more than just a custodian. Our customers will appreciate the appearance and safe environment of our properties because of your dedication and commitment.
We are Public Storage, established in 1972; today we have thousands of locations nationwide and are recognized as the leader in the self-storage industry!
$16.50 an hour
- Paid training and coaching
- Comprehensive group healthcare programs
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- Paid Time Off and Sick Time
- Additional employee discount programs and perks
- Work independently maintaining cleanliness and brand standards of the property grounds inside and outside at multiple locations
- Provide general maintenance such as mopping, sweeping, changing light bulbs, minor plumbing repairs, light painting, and landscaping
- Conduct daily storage unit inspections; confirm inventory availability and ensure spaces are ready to rent
- Clean vacated units and kiosks
- Dispose of debris and abandoned goods as directed
- Clean/maintain restrooms and perform other janitorial tasks
- Move merchandise, office furniture, equipment and other materials as needed
- Report maintenance needs, safety concerns and any equipment failures to the Property Manager or District Manager
- Able to drive and work at multiple properties during the workday as needed
- Adhere to your shift schedule which includes availability for calls, meetings, and training
- Act with personal integrity and comply with safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Successful candidates may have prior custodial or similar experience
- Enjoy working independently or as part of a small team
- Ability and willingness to perform maintenance that includes climbing stairs and ladders, shoveling snow, frequent lifting of roll up doors and constant standing and walking
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds
- Willingness to work in multiple locations
- Willingness to work any day of the week between the hours of 8:00am to 8:00pm, possibly including weekends and holidays in all kinds of weather
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, communication, problem-solving and time management skills
- Valid and current driver's license with reliable personal transportation used during the workday
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.