With more than 2,400 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We are looking for a Corporate Recruiter to join our team in Glendale, CA. The Corporate Recruiter will be responsible for all full-cycle recruiting efforts at the corporate level and provide departmental support for analytical reporting. This position will evaluate candidates' qualifications, screen potential candidates and recommend qualified candidates to the hiring manager for consideration. In addition, this position will be responsible for managing the company inventory of job descriptions.
- Partners with HR Director and/or Hiring Manager to assess needs for each vacancy.
- Identifies and develops the most appropriate sourcing approaches to ensure that the business places the best possible candidates into vacancies while ensuring time-to-fill targets are met.
- Modifies approaches to gain competitive advantage over other firms in attracting high caliber, diverse talent and utilizes leading edge techniques and tools.
- Serves as a shared point of contact for various external resources (professional associations, search firms, etc.) used in the staffing process for assigned areas.
- Administers recommended screening tools based upon position specifications. Performs initial requirements and screening prior to recommending candidates for higher level review in the selection process
- Sources top candidates, active or passive, continuously and recommends potential candidates for review for difficult to fill jobs, whether or not a vacancy exists
- Manages all requisitions and candidate flow to ensure that management's needs are being met.
- Coordinates background checks with Human Resources department and evaluates references; may administer pre-employment tests.
- Participates in the hiring process and may extend the job offer.
- Coordinates with supervisors/managers to assess present and future job requirements and other issues that may involve employee counseling, questions concerning salary and wage administration, benefits and other related human resources issues.
- Utilizes a contemporary applicant management tracking system to create job postings in sourcing efforts. Manages the talent pool of future candidates
- Uses the current applicant management system to ensure candidates track through the screening process to the Hiring Manager assessment stage, that all candidates receive timely feedback and that the business does not lose candidates
- Completes all assigned and ad hoc reports and keeps all records and files accurate and up-to-date
- Minimum 5 years of full-cycle recruiting experience within a structured, corporate environment.
- BA/BS degree with coursework in Human Resources and/or a related field
- Minimum 3 years with a standard on-line applicant tracking systems and strong experience with various active and passive web based recruitment tools.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in developing and analyzing report tools that support the recruiting function.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage a heavy workload are essential
- Advanced systems, computer and Internet skills, including advanced experience with Excel.
- Strong and applicable knowledge of Employment Law related to recruitment and employee selection
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.