Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Corporate Paralegal with knowledge of subsidiary and entity management, maintenance of corporate books and records, review of corporate agreements, and other general corporate matters to work in our Legal Department.
The Paralegal will be responsible for the following: Assist with general corporate activities for a New York Stock Exchange listed S&P 500 REIT with approximately 400 active subsidiaries. Maintenance of subsidiaries, including preparing annual meeting minutes, resolutions, and officer records. Assist with preparation for Board meetings and minutes. Review and negotiation of various contracts and agreements (e.g., NDAs). Assist with the securities and other reporting obligations of a New York Stock Exchange listed company. Interface with all levels of management, finance and tax colleagues. A self-starter, detail oriented, and a key team player. Assures deadlines are met.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up, maintain, and dissolve corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships under Maryland, California, and/or Delaware law.
- Assist with parent public company board activities, including preparation for Board meetings and minutes.
- Assist with SEC filings, including executive stock trading reports (Section 16/Forms 3, 4, 5) and periodic filings.
- Assist with compliance with New York Stock Exchange rules and listing requirements.
- Review corporate contracts and agreements, including NDAs.
- Provide assistance to the Company’s third party management function, including review and maintenance of applicable agreements.
- Provide additional assistance on corporate, securities, and real estate matters as requested.
- Effectively interface with various parties, including senior management and other corporate, finance, and tax personnel.
- A minimum of five years of paralegal experience and BS degree required.
- Paralegal Certification preferred.
- Experience as a corporate paralegal, including setting up, maintaining, and dissolving subsidiaries as corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships.
- Exposure to public company SEC reporting and NYSE listing requirements, especially Section 16 filings, a plus. Strong desire to learn also welcome.
- Facility with Microsoft Word essential. Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, and corporate databases desirable.
- A self-starter, detail oriented, and a key team player.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.