Corporate and Securities Paralegal
Public Storage is recognized as one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2022 by Forbes and our employees have also voted us as a Great Place to Work, having Best Career Growth, ranked us in the Top 5% for Work Culture, and in the Top 10% for Diversity and Inclusion.
With more than 2,800 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Corporate and Securities Paralegal with knowledge of securities, stock offerings and other reporting obligations to work in our Legal Department. The Paralegal will be responsible for the following: Assist with securities law matters and general corporate activities for a New York Stock Exchange listed S&P 500 REIT with approximately 400 active subsidiaries. Assist with documentation and closing for frequent stock offerings. Assist with the securities and other reporting obligations of a New York Stock Exchange listed company. Assist with preparation for Board meetings and minutes. Maintenance of subsidiaries including preparing annual meeting minutes, resolutions and officer records. Interface with all levels of management, finance and tax colleagues. A self-starter, detail oriented, and a key team player. Assures deadlines are met.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with documentation and closing for frequent public stock offerings, including preparation of NYSE listing applications for stock.
- Assist with parent public corporate board activities, including preparation for Board meetings and minutes.
- Assist with SEC filing including executive stock trading reports (Forms 3,4,5), and periodic filings.
- Assist with compliance with New York Stock Exchange rules and listings
- Set up, maintain and dissolve corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships under Maryland, California and/or Delaware law.
- Provide additional assistance on securities, corporate and real estate matters as requested.
- Effectively interface with various parties, including senior management, other corporate, finance and tax personnel.
- A minimum of seven years of paralegal experience and BS degree required.
- Paralegal Certification preferred.
- Experience as a corporate paralegal including setting up, maintaining and dissolving subsidiaries as corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships.
- Exposure to public company SEC reporting requirements.
- Facility with Microsoft Word essential. Experience with Excel, PowerPoint and corporate databases desirable.
- A self-starter, detail oriented, and a key team player.
Public Storage offers competitive compensation program, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D, 401(k) with company matching, FSAs for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.