With more than 2,400 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
We have an immediate opening for a Content Manager to be based out of our corporate office in Glendale, CA.
We are looking for a manager with at least four years of full-time writing and reporting experience, preferably with a daily newspaper. This person would help the team grow our visibility on Google and our branding by creating content for our corporate blog and social channels and grow engagement on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other sites. The content manager is a full-time role in our Glendale, Calif., headquarters.
The ideal candidate will be able to write with flair on everything from Martha-Stewart-type tips to complex, leading-edge corporate deals, quoting national and local experts along the way. We need someone who is aware of, or willing to learn, basic SEO and can seamlessly incorporate a keyword or two to reach a larger audience on Google. He or she will monitor basic data on blog stories and social posts and adjust topics over time to match audience interests.
- Write engaging blog stories, finding new angles for old topics and interesting sources with novel ideas.
- Engage with influencer sources on social channels and tap them for interviews and content when it makes sense.
- Shoot photos for posts and blog articles.
- Create social posts, including some that promote blog articles, with help from an indirect report.
- Oversee monitoring and response on our blog, Facebook, Twitter, G+, Instagram and other social media, using customer service resources and pitching in on occasion.
- Manage promoted posts on Facebook, to increase engagement and blog readership.
- Continually research and stay current on competitors’ strategies and broader social media trends. Incorporate relevant ideas for Public Storage.
- Write and promote press releases based on blog articles and other ideas, monthly or as needed.
- Be willing to take on other unforeseen duties and projects assigned by management.
- A minimum of four years or more daily reporting and writing experience, with some work on breaking news and business preferred.
- An Ability to craft longer, Sunday-style features with prose that flows to the end.
- A love of grammar, a mastery of AP Style, and an ability to write with 100% accuracy.
- An ability to come up with irresistible story ideas and to write headlines and copy that draw in readers, with a minimal need for edits.
- Experience managing social channels or a familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram and a willingness to learn quickly.
- Enthusiasm for creating fun, engaging campaigns on social media.
- Basic familiarity with the concept of SEO and a wiliness to learn and adopt simple SEO tools and tactics.
- Ability to use a CMS such as WordPress or a wiliness to put in the time to learn on the job.
- Ability to manage PR campaigns about new locations via cross-functional team-building skills.
- Basic Excel skills with the ability and willingness to learn more.
- Basic Photoshop skills with the ability and willingness to learn more.
- Bachelor’s degree
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Videos To Watch
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 743999698612843