Commercial Leasing Manager
With more than 2,600 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage is currently hiring a Commercial Leasing Manager to be based out of the corporate office in Glendale, California. The Commercial Leasing Manager will be responsible for the non-storage revenue opportunities of the company and will report to the Director of Commercial Properties. This position will be an integral part of delivering a $40M segment of business (which includes billboards, cell towers and commercial space).
The Commercial Leasing Manager will be responsible for overseeing all leasing functions of their assigned commercial properties throughout the region. Duties to include but are not limited to: the negotiation of leases, decisions regarding property management issues, asset management direction and other responsibilities and duties necessary to drive immediate and long -term value.
- Negotiation of all lease and renewal documents for the properties assigned
- Identifying revenue production opportunities and executing a plan to drive new revenue into the portfolio
- Achieving annual plans for revenue and revenue growth
- Managing 3rd party brokers and negotiating listing agreements on properties where outside brokers are assigned.
- Tenant relations
- Canvass for prospective new tenants, cold calling and follow up.
- Travel required
- Budgeting and forecasting
- 3+ years experience in leasing - preferably retail.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Understands fundamentals of negotiations, commercial leasing, landlord rights, lease language and transactional requirements.
- Ability to interface with various departments within the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Windows operating systems.
- Must be a self-starter and able to manage the production of results. Knows how to develop, manage and execute a large volume of transactions.
- Understands value "creators" and can see opportunities and understand how to execute strategies. Can conceptualize, develop, communicate and execute a business strategy.
- Proven leadership and consensus building skills. Professional demeanor and credibility to enable development of strong cross-functional relationships between internal and external business partners. Proven negotiations skills
- Strong time management skills. Able to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.